This version is now updated with the latest firmware.
The Captron HeliCommand HC3-SX is a high-quality, compact designed Flybarless system (Rigid) and replaces the mechanical flybar on the rotor heads of all current RC helicopters. Additionally this unit features the well-known and patented Horizontal mode (self-leveling), which brings the heli back to horizontal attitude anytime you let go off the sticks. Moreover, the system is equipped with several safety features, levelling the heli back even while in hard 3D-manoeuvres like Tic-Toc or PiroFlip with a speed never seen before.
These brand new features enable a pilot to learn 3D flying in the most safe way ever, speaking of a kind of “real-flight simulator” on highest level.
The stabilisation sensitivity (gain) as well as engaging or disengaging this function can be controlled via an auxiliary channel from the transmitter while in flight.
Because they are lighter, helicopter models without auxiliary paddles are much more agile and manoeuvrable, and are approx. 15% more powerful. In combination with the HC3-SX, huge performance is delivered, without the need to adjust the fragile paddle mechanism.
The all-round precision is outstanding, whether it is the extremely dynamic manoeuvres (F3N flying style), aerobatics (F3C), or hovering stability. All manoeuvres are performed with directional stability, i.e. with no disruptive influences at all, and with maximum stopping performance. This is achieved with minimum need for adjustment thanks to the intelligent and optimised control algorithms.
The CNC-milled aluminium casing and the high-quality design comfortably meet the current quality standards of major helicopter manufacturers. The highly compact construction and the flexible installation possibilities enable use in almost every helicopter, from micro-copters through to 3.5m scale helicopters.
The system can also be used as a pure tail gyro, without the need of any additional accessories. Especially if a new heli project is planned, first using a flybar, later on switching to a flybarless head, the purchase of an external tail gyro is not necessary. Simply set the Rigid gains in the PC software to '0', so the Rigid mode is disabled. The swash mixing is done by the HC3-SX, so even a simple transmitter can be used.
- Set-up work is reduced to a minimum, partly because of clear separation of the sensitivity settings for the head and tail gyros in independent auxiliary channels.
- Can be used as pure tail gyro without the need of additional accessories.
- Direct USB connection for fast programming; the easy-to-use set-up software comes as standard.
- The connecting cables between the receiver and HC3-Xtreme are plugged in on both sides.
- Gold-plated circuit-board and the latest-generation MEMS gyros for all 3 axis.
- The HC3-SX features direct connection to new single-cabled receiver systems: SP serial pulse/PWM output, e.g. the Robbe FASST receiver R6007SP, robbe/Futaba S-BUS and Spektrum/JR-satellites (main receiver not applicable). Consequently, the motor/gas-servo output as well as a second ouput (e.g. for governor, lighting, retractable landing gear, etc.) are available directly on the HC3-SX.
- The HC3-SX is equipped with a flash memory and can therefore be updated in service to the latest software level
- HC3-SX including mounting pads
- Cable loom for receiver connection (90mm)
- USB-Stick including PC-Software (Win98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7) and comprehensive manual
- USB lead for direct connection to PC/Notebook
|Dimensions:||36 x 34 x 14 mm|
|Supply voltage:||4-10V (2S-LiPo-compatible, min. 5.5V using Spektrum/JR satellites)|
|Max. roll & pitch rotational speed:||500°/s|
|Max. tail rotational speed:||650°/s (typical)|
|Servo frame rate:||55Hz (analogue) / 220Hz (digital) selectable|
|Tail servo output:||1,52ms / 0,76ms (narrow pulse) selectable|
|Maximum servo currents:||total 10A (continuous load)|
|Weight:||approx. 18g (without cable loom)|
|Length of connecting cables to receiver:||90mm|